Sunday, December 14, 2008

wowww....almost 1.5 months since I last wrote...where have all the days gone? What has happened all these weeks? hmmm..let me see...topic 1 maid....topic 2 maid....topic 3 .....errm..maid?? How BORING can it get huh???



Anyway, we sent the "new" maid off , YET again..we have been wondering what kind of quality maids the agents have been shipping in, which I shall keep my opinions to myself for now. :)

FOR YOU KIDS and TEENS...and still-studying people... :

School holidays...time when some of you lucky boys and girls get a FULLY PAID VACATION. Yes, your parents paid for it...SO??? It's still FREE to all you little devils out there,right?? Precisely what's my point here, you may ask?? So many, and so much has been and still is, taken for granted, from the smallest things, to the big ones even. How many of you actually take a step back, paused and look around yourselves? Your home, your room, your clothes, your favourite CDs, mp3s and 4s, your fancy shoes, your pocket money (ok, so some of you may have worked a little for your own dough - for that I salute you!)

wow,....what about those PS-s, Nintendos DS and what $&@*, Wiis, XBoxes...my golly.....I am so JEALOUS!! During our days, we played/created games that cost nothing...cos we couldn't quite afford it..I have a friend who had an ATARI (any young fellas here who has NO INKLING whatsoever what ATARI is??) ....man....
A T A R I....it was the coolest "playstation" in town then! One box...two controllers..and we got so excited playing tennis - when all you get to do is moving a flat bar, left-to-right-to-left-to-right ...and a little DOT representing the tennis ball. YES....you young buggers can all have a big big laugh now huh?? (Wait till you see what your future grandchildren could be playing next time! )

So, again what's my point here? Well, you are all too smart ..you should figure that out. How often have you gone on your knees and say a prayer of thanks? Thanking HIM for what you are and what you have today? some miles away, people are not so fortunate, some too poor, some homeless and not enough to eat, some terminally ill, some mourning over lost of loved ones, and some worrying over their kids who are straying away from them and struggling to keep the family together.

Just to hit the point home - last Sunday I followed my wife to KK Hospital, for the Teddy Bear Drive. organised by the Canadian community here - they get companies to donate to the hospital during this festive period every year, and on top of that, get some volunteers to walk around the children's wards, giving out Teddys and spreading some cheer to the sick. My wife was one of the reps for her company and I mainly just followed. The event kicked off with speeches followed by a couple of Christmas songs performed by a delighful bunch of little kids from the Canadian International School.

Afterwhich,we were assigned to Ward 31...off we go distributing the bears to every kid that we saw - in return you get big smiles from them - satisfying enough, don't you think? Then I saw a nenek (grandma) seated next to a baby-cot, a tiny tot sound asleep. Its a sweet little girl, I asked nenek, "Apa hal dengan dia,'cik? (what's wrong with the baby?)" and Nenek replied,"Muntah, tak boleh makan. makan saja, muntah."(Vomitting, she can't eat as everytime she does, she will vomit) She could only be fed liquid via the tiny tubes. The baby was so unbelievably tiny, so fragile....my heart just sank.

I continued with nenek " Berapa umur dia, 'cik?" (How old was she?) Nenek replied "Empat (4)". My heart sank ever further.....FOUR?? She was so small you would never even think she's 2! Nenek went on to explained that she was also a premature baby, and has been in and out of the hospital regularly. The little angel now needs two surgeries, one for the stomach and the other for her hip joint. I think my heart went beyond the bottom of the ocean after this conversation. From now she shall be in my prayers, hoping she gets well soon. She is missing her childhood and all the fun she is entitled to. Now tell me, YOU, will stop whinging about your problems everyday...

So, ALWAYS, be THANKFUL and be GRATEFUL. Never compare, for there will always be people LESSER and GREATER than YOU. Christmas is here again, spread the cheer, spread the warmth of your smile, spread the warmth of your hugs and tell them how much you love them and how much they are thought of everyday.



til the next one....







No comments: